Discover the healing power of herbs through Basti.
Basti or Vasti in Ayurveda is the term for medicated enemas and also for various special treatments keeping medicated oils on specific parts of the body. Students will learn by performing several of these treatments in a classroom setting. There will be opportunities for students to assist performing and also to receive the various treatments if desired. This course does not cover the much more complex subject nirūha basti and anuvāsana basti (medicated enemas). This course will be offered in person only and be open to healing practitioners.
Ayurveda Courses with Swamiji
Discover ancient Ayurvedic wisdom on rare topics with a Spiritual Master and Teacher.
Topics we will cover in this course
Join Swamiji, Founder and Spiritual Director of Soma Matha Spiritual Center, as he explores the ancient healing art of Ayurvedic Basti.
1 ) kaṭi basti (treatment of the back and hips)
2) nābhi basti (treatment of the belly)
3) hṛdaya basti (treatment of the heart and chest)
4) grīva basti (treatment of the neck and shoulders)
5) skandha basti (treatment of the shoulder)
6) jānu basti (treatment of the knees)
7) netra basti and netra tarpaṇam (treatment of the eyes)
8) śiro basti (treatment of the head).
- Basic equipment and materials needed for the procedures
- Indications and contraindications for the treatments
- The procedure
- Variations for the different doshas
- Date: Monday, February, 6th 2023
- Location: at the Center in Schuyler
- Total Class length: The course will consist of five 2 hour classes with Swamiji with Q&A opportunities throughout the course
- Recorded Class - Can be watched multiple times at a time that is convenient to you.
- Language: English
- Instructor: Swamiji
- For Who: For Healing Arts Practitioners or Practitioners in Training
- Cost: by donation
- If you have any questions please reach out to us
Meet the Master
Gaṇanāthāmṛtānanda Svāmī aka Swamiji
As the founder and director of Soma Matha Spiritual Center, Swamiji has taught the mystical Vedic Sciences to sincere students from all backgrounds for over 20 years, and has provided counsel and spiritual services for various Temples, Churches, and other spiritual organizations in the US and India. Swamiji works tirelessly to preserve the authenticity of the Vedic Sciences, which have been revealed to the world by the ancient Sages for peace, health, prosperity, and liberation from suffering for all in the world. His teachings range from introductory courses on Sanskrit mantra to advanced meditation and rituals. His online courses and webinars explain the ancient tradition in approachable modern terminology and empowers each teaching so that the knowledge comes to life for students, not only in their intellectual understanding, but in their practical experience.